In celebration of the King’s Coronation, we’re inviting little ones to design and create a unique, throne worthy crown of their own, for the chance to win an Amazon Kids Kindle.
All you’ve got to do is head to one of our branches, collect your free crown and get creative! Go wild with colour, paint and glitter or even sequins and feathers to make the perfect one of a kind crown – the more fabulous the better!
How to enter
Once little one has finished their masterpiece, send a photograph to email@example.com by 6 May, not forgetting to include the child’s name and age, your name, address and a contact telephone number – without this information entries will not be valid.
10 entrants will be shortlisted with the shortlisted entries being posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages where we will ask the public to vote for the overall winner. The crown with the most ‘likes’ on their photo by Thursday 11 May will be announced the winner and will receive an Amazon Kids Kindle (full terms and conditions below). Nine runners up will receive a Coronation inspired sweetie gift.
Adults can email an entry on behalf of a child who is a relative, or a non-relative.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Terms and conditions
1. The ‘Competition’ is organised by Darlington Building Society, with its registered offices at [Sentinel House, Morton Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4PT] (the ‘Organiser’) and being held between Friday 21 April 2023 and Thursday 11 May 2023.
2. These terms set out the general terms and conditions applicable to the Competition (the ‘Terms’).
3. Entry to the Competition is open to anyone up to 16 years old with permission from an adult. Entries must be submitted by an adult on behalf of a child.
4. All entries must include a photo of the crown, the child’s name and age, the adult name, address, postcode, telephone number and email address. Without this information, entries may not be valid.
5. Postal entries will not be valid.
6. Each crown photo received is to be counted as one entry to the Competition, only one entry per child. The same adult can enter on behalf of multiple children.
7. Competition entry implies full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and all decisions taken by the Organiser in connection with the Competition.
8. The personal details other than the first name and age of the child winner will remain confidential unless agreed otherwise.
9. In taking part in this Competition, participants and their adult acknowledge that should they win a prize, their name may appear on the online media of the Organiser and its partners.
10. The Organiser reserves the right to modify the Terms or cancel the Competition due to force majeure and/or if circumstances beyond its control render such a cancellation necessary.
11. The prize on offer is one Amazon Kindle Kids. This includes a Kindle (10th generation), a kid-friendly cover, 2-year worry-free guarantee and 1 year of Amazon Kids+ (Fire for Kids Unlimited) with over a thousand books. The prize may not be transferred to another individual, or to another date and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. All entries must be submitted on or before the closing date. The Competition will run from 21 April 2023 and close on Thursday 11 May 2023.
13. 10 shortlisted entrants will be contacted via email by 09 May 2023, each shortlisted entrant will be entered into a public vote for the grand prize of an Amazon Kids Kindle. The entry with the most public votes or ‘likes’ on the Organiser’s Facebook page by 6pm on 11 May 2023 will be the final winner and will receive an Amazon Kids Kindle. The remaining 9 shortlisted entries will receive a sweet gift each.
14. The following day, 12 May 2023, the winner will be announced on Facebook and Instagram. Within 5 days after the Competition has concluded, the name of the winner and the 9 runners up will be available on www.darlington.co.uk. In this way, all participants shall be informed of whether they have won a prize.
15. The Organiser provides no guarantees concerning prizes.
16. The running of the Competition is left to the Organiser’s discretion. The Organiser shall ensure the smooth running of the Competition, the strict application of the Terms and the declaration of the winners. No appeal may be filed against a decision taken by the Organiser, especially concerning the declaration of the winner.
17. By providing your personal details, you agree to GDPR regulations in that your details will be held by the Society for the purposes of this competition.
18. These Terms are governed by English law. Any dispute in connection with the Competition shall be the subject to the exclusive competency of the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.