This covers unexpected and unintended damage caused by something sudden or external to the building, fixtures and fittings such as:
- A hole in a ceiling was created through putting your foot through it;
- A tap was left running in the bathroom and water overflowed;
- A pipe was hit whilst carrying out DIY;
- A key snapped in the lock;
- A kitchen surface is accidentally burnt by the placing of a hot pan.
It's important to bear in mind that this does not include wear and tear, gradual damage or mechanical fault.