for more information about cookies and how to alter your preferences.
This covers unexpected and unintended damage caused by something sudden or external to the building, fixtures and fittings such as:
- A hole in a ceiling was created through putting your foot through it;
- A tap was left running in the bathroom and water overflowed;
- A pipe was hit whilst carrying out DIY;
- A key snapped in the lock;
- A kitchen surface is accidentally burnt by the placing of a hot pan.
It's important to bear in mind that this does not include wear and tear, gradual damage or mechanical fault.