91) Can I take out buildings insurance on a flat?

Yes, however, this is generally only required if the flat is being purchased on a freehold basis. If the property is being purchased on a leasehold basis, then the cost of insuring the Buildings, is normally covered under the Annual Management charge that the leaseholder would pay. In some instances, the legal documentation may state that this is the responsibility of the leaseholder to arrange, then Uinsure would happily provide cover. This can be quoted via the standard quotation system.


Want to speak to a friendly staff member?

Sometimes it's easier to discuss things face-to-face. All our branches have staff ready and waiting to talk. If you’d like to discuss your options or you think you need help, call in at your local branch.

Branch finder

Alternatively call our enquiries line between:

9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or
9am and 12pm on Saturday

Our staff will be more than happy to help with any questions or queries