I think I was mis-sold MPPI, how do I make a complaint?

In order to make a complaint, you will need to complete the Consumer Questionnaire which has been designed by the Financial Ombudsman’s Service. Please give us as much information as possible, including any mortgage account numbers, the address that was mortgaged and any documents / policy information. You will also need to give us the reasons that you think it was mis-sold.  This can be sent to:

Customer Complaints (MPPI)

Darlington Building Society

Sentinel House

Morton Road


County Durham


Or emailed to complaints@darlington.co.uk using ‘Customer Complaint’ as your subject heading.

Please click here to view a copy of the questionnaire.

Safety & Security

Want to speak to a friendly staff member?

Sometimes it's easier to discuss things face-to-face. All our branches have staff ready and waiting to talk. If you’d like to discuss your options or you think you need help, call in at your local branch.

Branch finder

Alternatively call our enquiries line between:

9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or
9am and 12pm on Saturday

Our staff will be more than happy to help with any questions or queries