Landlord Insurance

Protect your property and contents with our Darlington Landlord Insurance policy.

Document library

Here you can find all the documents you will need when considering our Darlington Home Insurance provided by our partner Uinsure.

Policy Document

This policy wording describes what is insured and the events you are insured against happening during the period of insurance. It also details the procedures to follow should you need to make a claim and clearly outlines what the policy does not cover.

Uinsure Landlord Policy Wording

Landlord Insurance Keyfacts Document

This is a summary of cover available under Uinsure Landlord Insurance. It does not include all the policy benefits, limits and exclusions.

Uinsure Landlord KeyFacts

Insurance IDD

The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent watchdog that regulates inancial services. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.

Home Insurance IDD

Frequently Asked Questions

We also have a range of FAQs which will be able to help you answer any queries you may have.

Frequently Asked Questions

Standard levels of cover

Up to £500,000 buildings insurance to cover the rebuilding costs of your home should the worst happen

Up to £50,000 standard home contents cover based on replacement as new

An option to increase your cover if these amounts aren't enough

Optional extras available

  • Accidental damage cover to buildings and/or contents
  • Valuables and personal belongings cover away from the home
  • Pedal cycle cover away from the home
  • Legal expenses protection
  • Domestic emergency cover
  • Protected no claims discount

Benefits summary

  • Interest-free direct debit facility which allows you to pay 12 monthly payments at NO extra cost
  • Accidental damage cover for your TVs, video and DVD players, games consoles and computers included as standard
  • A panel of insurers who compete to provide you with the most competitive quote
  • Unlimited frozen food cover
  • Personal money & credit cards up to £500 (whilst in your home)


Darlington Building Society will introduce you to Uinsure Limited who will undertake the selling and administration of your home insurance policy. The home insurance policy is underwritten from a panel of insurers. Details of the insurer applicable to this insurance will be stated within your policy schedule.

The Home Emergency policy is arranged by Uinsure, underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance Societe Anonyme which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group and administered by Arc Legal Assistance Limited. The Legal Expenses policy is arranged by Uinsure, underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA and Administered by Legal Insurance Management Limited.

Darlington Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Uinsure Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Darlington Landlord Insurance provides you with flexibility. You can choose buildings insurance, contents insurance or both, it's up to you.

Get an insurance quote

Want to speak to a friendly staff member?

Sometimes it's easier to discuss things face-to-face. All our branches have staff ready and waiting to talk. If you’d like to discuss your options or you think you need help, call in at your local branch.

Branch finder

Alternatively call our enquiries line between:

9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (9:30am and 5pm Tuesday) or
9am and 12pm on Saturday

Our staff will be more than happy to help with any questions or queries