for more information about cookies and how to alter your preferences.
This website is owned by and operated by Darlington Building Society whose head office is at Sentinel House, Morton Road, Darlington, County Durham DL1 4PT. Phone: 01325 366366 Fax: 01325 741000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Darlington Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Number 205895. You can consult the Financial Conduct Authority’s Register by accessing its website www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home
Mortgage Regulation can be found here
The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) is responsible for the prudential regulation and supervision of banks, building Societies, credit unions, insurers and major investment firms. The PRA promotes the safety and soundness of these firms.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate financial services providers. Their aim is to protect consumers and promote confidence and transparency, ensuring consumers get a fair deal.
Darlington Building Society is a member of the Building Societies' Association and undertakes to comply with the following code (a copy of which is available on request):
- Code of Conduct for the Advertising of Interest Bearing Accounts
In looking after your account we will follow the principles in the Financial Conduct Authority's Banking Conduct of Business Sourcebook.
Darlington Building Society will introduce you to Uinsure Limited who will undertake the selling and administration of your home insurance policy. The home insurance policy is underwritten from a panel of insurers. Details of the insurer applicable to this insurance will be stated within your policy schedule. The Home Emergency policy is arranged by Uinsure, underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance Societe Anonyme which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group and administered by Arc Legal Assistance Limited. The Legal Expenses policy is arranged by Uinsure, underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA and Administered by Legal Insurance Management Limited.
Darlington Building Society, all panel insurers and Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Details of our complaints procedure are available on request. Darlington Building Society is part of the Financial Ombudsman Service. For details of this scheme you may wish to visit the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Darlington Building Society is part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
All our products and services
- are only available to UK residents
- are subject to availability and may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice
- are subject to conditions
Our mortgages are regulated by the FCA.
- They are only for the purchase of properties in England and Wales
- Are governed by our rules, the mortgage conditions (2015) and special conditions relating to each mortgage type. If there is a disagreement involving the mortgage conditions and the special conditions, the special conditions will apply.
- Are usually only available to people who will live in the property they are buying with the mortgage.
- Are available to UK residents over the age of 18 who are resident in certain postcode areas or are existing customers of Darlington Building Society and who meet our conditions.
- Depend on your circumstances and a satisfactory valuation of the property you are buying. Your property will be security for the loan and you may need to provide extra security, for example, by paying a higher lending charge.
For help and support using the Darlington Building Society iPhone App, please email email@example.com or telephone 01325 366366.